X10 KR16A 1 Unit Security Keychain Remote Control with Panic Button
- BRAND NEW but OLD STOCK
- X10 Powerhouse brand model number KR16A.
- User settable home automation control for simple ON and OFF control of one unit code in any housecode you choose.
- Will function as a one unit remote control with any X10 transceiver module--no security console required.
- Security function option operates very much like a keychain version of the KR15A Emergency Panic Button.
- Can be used to set off your X10 security system console even if it isn't armed.
- The KR16A WILL NOT ARM YOUR SECURITY SYSTEM. However, it can disarm it.
- Excellent RF range up to 70 feet.
- Requires 2 AAA batteries (not included).
- You can view the instructions online in PDF format by clicking here.
- Shipping weight for one: 2 ounces.
This is the KR16A Emergency Panic keychain remote with one unit control. These are a very unique X10 item. They predate the KR10A security keychain remote and KR15A Emergency Panic Button as well as the KR19A keychain remote. The KR16A is like a keychain version of the KR15A Emergency Panic Button.
It gets initialized into any X10 security system so it can activate the alarm. To initialize the remote into your X10 security system console, set it to install. Then press and hold the PANIC or STOP button on the KR16A until the console chimes indicating that it has been accepted. Now it will set off the alarm regardless if your X10 security system is armed or not. You press the PANIC button to sound the alarm and STOP to shut it off.
NOTE: The KR16A will not arm your security system. The STOP button does disarm it though.
It also sends ON and OFF commands via the LIGHTS ON and LIGHTS OFF buttons. Default from the factory is A1. You can reset the LIGHTS ON and LIGHTS OFF buttons to control any X10 module in any house and unit code you wish using any X10 transceiver module. The RF range is excellent at about 70 feet. After that it starts to become a little iffy.
Class of X10 home automation device: