X10 PRO PSC05 Two Way Powerline Interface Signal Tester TW523
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- BRAND NEW but OLD STOCK
- X10 PRO brand 2-way powerline interface module model number PSC05.
- With the PSC05 Powerline Interface, you can design your own products to send and receive X10 signals.
- Comparable to the X10 Powerhouse brand model number TW523.
- The PSC05 Powerline Interface can be used as a highly effective and very inexpensive X10 signal tester all by itself. The LED indicator will blink when an X10 powerline signal is detected.
- Rated for 120 volts AC, 2 watts. UL listed.
- Color is white.
- You can view the instructions online in PDF format by clicking here.
- Shipping weight for one: 6 ounces.
- You can view the technical manual in PDF format by clicking here. The manual shown is the same for the PSC05 and the TW523.
This is the X10 PRO brand PSC05 two way powerline interface. The PSC05 Powerline Interface Module allows you to interface with the AC powerline using standard X-10 protocol. It can send and receive X10 signals. Plugs into a regular AC outlet and connects to a third party OEM product via RJ11 (cable not included) to the output of another manufacturer's device and converts those signals into standard X10 and puts them onto the powerline. A cable is not provided by X10. The PSC05 was designed to be used by engineers and programmers. It is the developer's task to construct the appropriate cable interface (DB-9, twisted pair, etc.). The pin-out for the PSC05 Powerline Interface is available in the technical manual.
All patent related criteria are satisfied with this interface. Using the PSC05 Powerline Interface, someone with a technical, or programming background can use a computer to completely customize the way in which they automate their environment. The PSC05 has a receive buffer allowing it to store retrieved messages while waiting to report X-10 transmissions on the powerline back to the device.
Since the PSC05 Powerline Interface does react to X10 signals on the powerline, you can use it as a highly effective and very inexpensive X10 signal tester. Right out of the box, when you plug it in, the LED indicator stays lit indicating the PSC05 is ready. Any X10 activity in any house and unit code at all will cause the LED to flash. The PSC05 responds to ON, OFF, BRIGHT, DIM, ALL ON, and ALL OFF. This is perfect to test to see if an X10 signal is present. It doesn't tell you the signal strength, but it does indicate the presence of an X10 signal. Generally if the signal is being detected by the PSC05, it will also be of sufficient strength for most any X10 module to respond to. With the PSC05 you can see if the X10 signal is making it to a module or not. If not, then this gives you an indication of an X10 signal strength problem. You don't need any other equipment as the PSC05 does this all by itself making it an excellent signal tester.
Compatible with all manufacturer's X10 home automation products including those from but not limited to GE, IBM, HomeLink, Leviton, Magnavox, RCA, Radio Shack, Safety First, Smarthome, Stanley, X10, and X-10 PRO.
Class of X10 home automation device: