X10 Home Automation MS16A ActiveEye Indoor Outdoor Motion Sensor
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- BRAND NEW but OLD STOCK
- X10 Powerhouse brand model number MS16A.
- Non-security type motion sensor for activating X10 modules when motion is detected. This motion sensor will not trigger an X10 security system. However, it can be used with the transceiver side of an X10 security system console.
- Weatherproof for outdoor use.
- Built-in photocell allows you to set the dusk/dawn feature to control X10 modules only when it's dark AND it detects motion.
- Resettable house and unit codes. Can control up to 16 house and unit codes.
- Adjustable time delay allows you to set how long the lights stay on after motion stops.
- Has a more flexible delay time option. In addition to the standard delay times, you can manually adjust the MS16A between 1 and 60 minutes via a top mounted screw adjustment.
- RF transmission range up to 100' range.
- Color is dark brown. Requires 2 AAA batteries (not included).
- You can view the instructions online in PDF format by clicking here.
- Shipping weight for one: 3 ounces.
This is the X10 ActiveEye PIR (passive infrared) motion sensor model MS16A. It is weatherproofed for outdoor use with a seal around the battery compartment. The cover closes with a screw that seats it on a rubber like seal. This is functionally identical to the EagleEye motion sensor except in two different ways. The preset delay times can be overridden and manually adjusted for between 1 and 60 minutes and the one number higher feature used for dusk/dawn lighting can be disabled. This can be helpful in that you can use the next higher unit code for something other than dusk to dawn lighting preventing the wasting of a unit code. Otherwise you would have to select the second highest unit code if you didn't want it to be operated by the sensor.
The ActiveEye motion sensor sends wireless RF signals to any X10 transceiver or security system base receiver which then passes them onto your house wiring to control X10 video cameras, lamp, appliance, wall receptacle, universal, or wall switch modules that operate lights and appliances around your home. Can be used with an X10 computer interface (such as the CM11A and CM15A) to initiate macros and perform a sequence of events that you've set it up to do. For example, you enter the room, the lamp turns on and dims to 70% and the air conditioner turns on.
With its built-in photocell, you can set the dusk/dawn feature to control lights only when it's dark and it detects motion. You can disable the dusk/dawn feature so it will detect motion 24 hours a day. It can also be used to turn lights on at dusk and off at dawn (without detecting motion). You simply set an X10 module to a unit code that is one number higher than the unit code of the module that turns on when motion is detected. The one number higher feature can be disabled on the ActiveEye. It has adjustable time delay that can be set in increments of 1 (Analog), 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, and 256 minutes to have your lights, appliances, or even Macros turn off after you leave the room. Using the analog adjustment on the top of the sensor, you can manually set the delay time anywhere between 1 and 60 minutes. Detects motion in up to a 20 foot range. It's small (2.5 inches square) so it can be placed virtually anywhere.
Compatible with all manufacturer's X10 products including those from but not limited to GE, IBM, HomeLink, Leviton, Magnavox, RCA, Radio Shack, Safety First, Smarthome, Stanley, X10, and X-10 PRO.
Class of X10 home automation device: