X10 Powerhouse AM486 15 Amp 2-Pin Appliance Module w/Local Control
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- BRAND NEW but OLD STOCK
- X10 Powerhouse brand 2-Pin appliance module model number AM486.
- Not for use with devices with a grounded plug.
- Early version module that has local control. This means that you can turn on (without a remote) the lamp/appliance plugged into the module simply by turning the devices own power switch on, off, and then on again.
- Rated for up to a 15A resistive load, 1/3 HP motor load, 500 watts incandescent lamp, and 400 watts load for TV or non-incandescent lamps. 120 volts AC, 60 Hz. UL listed.
- Color is white.
- You can view the instructions online in PDF format by clicking here.
- Shipping weight for one: 6 ounces.
This is the X10 Powerhouse brand 2-pin plug-in appliance module model number AM486 with the local control feature. Not meant for use with appliances that have a grounded plug. If you need a module to use with a grounded plug, then you'd want to go with the AM466 appliance module. X10 appliance modules come in two different configurations, one for appliances with 2-prong plugs and one for appliances with 3-prong grounded plugs. Great for remote control of air conditioners, fans, pool pumps, toasters, coffee makers, popcorn makers, stereos, refrigerators, Christmas lights, lamps, electric blankets -- virtually anything with a plug that you want to control by remote.
To have ON/OFF control, you simply plug in any appliance or lamp, set the house and units codes that you want it to respond to, and plug the module into the wall. Does not have any dimming functions for a lamp. Works with an X10 transceiver module or security system base receiver for wireless remote control. Responds to ON, OFF, and ALL OFF commands.
NOTE: These earlier models have local control meaning that you can turn on (without a remote) the lamp/appliance plugged into the module simply by turning the devices' own power switch on, off, and then on again. You should not use these modules to control standard fluorescent lights, CFL bulbs, or even bug zappers as the local control feature can sometimes cause them to turn ON by themselves.
Compatible with all manufacturer's X10 products including those from but not limited to GE, IBM, HomeLink, Leviton, Magnavox, RCA, Radio Shack, Safety First, Smarthome, Stanley, X10, and X-10 PRO.
Class of X10 home automation device: