X10 FireCracker Serial Computer Interface CM17A
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- X10 Powerhouse brand serial computer interface model number CM17A.
- Transmits X10 RF signals right from your computer.
- You can control X10 modules via a mouse click on your PC desktop using the virtual PalmPad, Slimfire, or DigiPad remote.
- A "real" PalmPad, Slimfire, or DigiPad remote handheld controller (or any X10 capable remote) allows X10 control without needing your computer to be ON.
- Shipping weight for one: 2 ounces.
This is the CM17A FireCracker computer interface. The interface is tiny, about the size of an Apple Newton.
- Computer interface (CM17A). Comes in bubble out bag. Not in retail packaging.
- Instructions. You can view the instructions online in PDF format by clicking here.
- Click here to download the Free FireCracker software (for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10).
The CM17A computer interface plugs into a serial port on the back of your computer. Using the downloaded software, you can control X10 automation modules via an onscreen virtual PalmPad on your desktop. You can choose the controller type that appears; PalmPad, Slimfire, or Digipad. The way it works is simple: When you click one of the onscreen PalmPad's buttons, your computer uses the interface to generate the corresponding X10 radio frequency (RF) signal that is radioed to any X10 transceiver module or security system base receiver which then sends those signals out onto your house wiring to control wall switch, lamp, and appliance modules and can even switch X10 cameras.
The through-port design of the FireCracker interface allows you to plug another device into the back of it. This way you don't need to lose a serial port to use it. To use another device connected to the serial port, just simply close the FireCracker software. This interface can control all 16 housecodes for a total of 256 different X10 addresses.
Compatible with all manufacturer's X10 products including those from but not limited to GE, IBM, HomeLink, Leviton, Magnavox, RCA, Radio Shack, Safety First, Smarthome, Stanley, X10, and X-10 PRO.
Class of X10 home automation device:
Actual FireCracker Software Screenshot