X10 Genuine CM11A ActiveHome Serial Computer Interface Pre WM100 CM15A
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Brand new X10 model number CM11A ActiveHome Serial Computer Interface. Can work with Windows 10, 7, 8, Vista, XP, 3.x, 95, 98 ME, NT4, 2000.
- Control any X10 module in your home from your computer.
- Simple plug-in installation. The CM11A ActiveHome Serial Computer Interface can be moved to any outlet you choose after programming. Can even be moved to another house or building.
- Create schedules to run the lights and appliances 24 hours a day.
- Setup security schedules to make your home look "lived-in" while you're away.
- Define macros that control groups of X10 modules based on inputs received from remote controls, sensors, etc.
- The CM11A ActiveHome Serial Computer Interface is fully 2-way, both capable of transmitting onto and receiving X-10 commands from the AC power line.
- Capable of managing up to 256 devices, so you'll have no problem with expandability.
- The original ActiveHome software works with Windows 3.x, 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, Vista, XP, and Windows 7 (16 and 32 bit operating systems). It should work on Windows 8 and Windows 10 (32 bit) operating systems. The original ActiveHome software will not install on anything higher than 32 bits.
- A FREE third party software (named ActiveHome Vista) allows you to use the CM11A with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 10 (32 OR 64) bit operating systems. I am not sure as I do not have a PC with Windows 8 to test it, but my guess would be that it should work on Windows 8 as well. I can personally testify that it does work on Windows XP (32 bit) and Windows 7 (64 bit) and Windows 10 (64 bit) operating systems.
- The CM11A can also be used with the CM15A ActiveHome PRO software SW31A (version 3.318 or higher). The newest compatible version of the SW31A PRO software that works with a CM11A is version 3.318 (or higher). NOTE: On 7-29-2013, X10's software servers went offline making it impossible to download and register the software or any of the plug-ins. X10 did put up a link to a download for a version of the SW31A PRO software that does not require registration to function. In place of the PRO software, you can try the ActiveHome Vista software. See the links below under software downloads (page 2 of the description).
- The CM11A is virtually future proof with the option of using the standard software for older Windows PC's or a newer software title for the most current up to date Windows PC's.
- Third Party Software Solutions are also available to use the CM11A with OS/2, Linux, Amiga, and Mac. I can't speak to these as I have no experience with them--you would need to search Google for this type of software.
- Connects to your computer for programming via a 9 pin serial port. RS-232 serial cable is included.
- The CM11A ActiveHome Serial Computer Interface has a built-in pass-thru outlet rated at 15 Amps so it doesn't tie up one of your outlets. I would recommend not plugging anything into the interface's outlet just to avoid any signal interference or noise problems.
- Once programmed, a computer is no longer needed for the CM11A ActiveHome Serial Computer to function. The CM11A can work on its own to carry out timers and macros-whatever you set it up to do.
- Battery backup (2 AAA) saves programming in the event of a power failure for up to a week.
- UL listed. 120 Volts AC 60 Hz. 6 Watts power consumption.
- The interface measurement in inches is: (L W D) 4 x 2.5 x 1.5
- Color is white.
- Shipping weight for one: 13 ounces.
- You can view the entire owners manual for the X10 CK11A ActiveHome Kit (which includes the CM11A) by Clicking here.
- You can also view a shorter version of the instructions for the CM11A interface itself by Clicking here.
Links, Tips, Suggestions, and FYI: