X10 Powerhouse AM486 15 Amp 2-Pin Appliance Module
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- BRAND NEW but OLD STOCK
- X10 Powerhouse brand 2-Pin appliance module model number AM486.
- Not for use with devices with a grounded plug.
- Does not have local control. This makes these ideal for use with standard fluorescent lights, CFL bulbs, or even a bug zapper.
- Rated for up to a 15A resistive load, 1/3 HP motor load, 500 watts incandescent lamp, and 400 watts load for TV or non-incandescent lamps. 120 volts AC, 60 Hz. UL listed.
- Color is white.
- You can view the instructions online in PDF format by clicking here.
- Shipping weight for one: 6 ounces.
This is the X10 Powerhouse brand 2-pin plug-in appliance module model number AM486. Not meant for use with appliances that have a grounded plug. If you need a module to use with a grounded plug, then you'd want to go with the AM466 appliance module. X10 appliance modules come in two different configurations, one for appliances with 2-prong plugs and one for appliances with 3-prong grounded plugs. Great for remote control of air conditioners, fans, pool pumps, toasters, coffee makers, popcorn makers, stereos, refrigerators, Christmas lights, lamps, electric blankets -- virtually anything with a plug that you want to control by remote.
To have ON/OFF control, you simply plug in any appliance or lamp, set the house and units codes that you want it to respond to, and plug the module into the wall. Does not have any dimming functions for a lamp. Works with an X10 transceiver module or security system base receiver for wireless remote control. Responds to ON, OFF, and ALL OFF commands.
NOTE: These DO NOT have local control--meaning that you CAN NOT turn on the lamp or appliance with its own power switch. You will only be able to operate the device via remote control. The older version of these had local control which sometimes could cause them to turn on by themselves when using them to control standard fluorescent lights, CFL bulbs, or even a bug zapper. This no longer happens without the local control feature.
Compatible with all manufacturer's X10 products including those from but not limited to GE, IBM, HomeLink, Leviton, Magnavox, RCA, Radio Shack, Safety First, Smarthome, Stanley, X10, and X-10 PRO.
Class of X10 home automation device: