X10 XCam2 2.4Ghz Color Video Camera with Audio Model XX16A
- BRAND NEW but OLD STOCK
- X10 brand color video camera model number XX16A.
- Can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Up to a 100 foot transmission range.
- Requires a VR31A audio/video or VR36A video receiver.
- Transmits video and audio (mono) in the 2.4Ghz range.
- Includes XM13A power supply, XC18A camera, mounting screws, and instructions.
- Instant ON. This means that the camera portion itself is always powered ON, (no warm-up time). Only the transmitter is turned on/off.
- Incredibly small camera about the size of a soft ball.
- UL listed. Rated for 120 volts AC, 3 watts max power consumption.
- Color is black.
- You can view the instructions online in PDF format by clicking here.
- Shipping weight for one: 15 ounces.
These are brand new in the box with the XC18A camera, XM13A power supply, mounting screws, and instructions. The boxes may have some marks on them, but are in pretty good shape. Due to the age of these, I tested each one to be sure they work as they should. Video is not too bad for such old tech. Sound is descent. The focus is good. Color is pretty good.
Actual Screenshot of the Picture from the XX20A
NOTE: The semi-circular lines on the picture are the result of taking a picture of the TV screen. When viewing it live, the lines are not there.
The power supply is remote controllable via an X10 signal thru the AC line. You will need to already have a basic X10 system to put X10 ON/OFF signals on your AC line to switch the camera on and off.
NOTE: These operate at 2.4Ghz. If you have anything in your home (for example a cordless phone) that operates at this same frequency, there will be interference on both. Symptoms of interference could range anywhere from bars in the video, crackling on the audio, to no viewable picture at all. My cordless phone operates at 2.4Ghz. When I unplugged the power to the phone, the interference went away.
Class of X10 home automation device: